Monday 2 February 2009

Mouldy

The bread, our good homemade bread, has gone mouldy. Now I know I do not put preservatives in it but this is a bit much. It is only two days old.
We do not eat a lot of bread this weather and a medium size loaf can (should) last about four days. My fault, I should have put it in the fridge because I also bought a pack of 'mountain bread' this week. I would like to be able to make this wonderfully thin, flexible leaf of bread. Indeed I have yet to try any recipes from Flatbreads and Flavours. It has been too warm to think about actually baking bread outside the bread machine. I wonder if someone could invent a machine that does the entire flatbread process in a domestic setting? It seems however that even bread machines are out of favour. They are not easy to acquire.
I like experimenting with recipes but I have not been too adventurous on the bread front. My father, willing to try most things, is a bit of a traditionalist with respect to breakfast and his toast and marmalade.

No comments: