Thursday 21 March 2024

Trump v Rudd?

I never thought I would agree with anything Donald Trump had to say. That I almost agree about something worries me. His words about the former Prime Minister of Downunder turned Ambassador to America were not far off the mark.

Kevin Rudd is not a nice person. When he was Prime Minister I heard endless complaints about his behaviour, especially his behaviour off-screen and out of the public eye. A veteran of his side of politics once told me "he is the rudest PM I have ever had dealings with". This man considered him worse than Paul Keating. 

Both Rudd and Keating are former Prime Ministers who should get out of politics. They are a danger to the country. They are not the "China" experts they would have us believe they are or that others would have us believe they are. Their real skill is in doing what China wants and making it look as if this is what we want. As they also still wield a good deal of power over the Labor party (make that a lot of power) they are still dictating policy. It's not good.

While the thought another Trump Presidency alarms me it may bring about the end of Rudd's ambitions. He is possibly doing less harm there than he would have in his preferred role as Secretary-General of the United Nations but he is still doing harm. He interferes in matters no diplomat should interfere in. He is still managing to have far too much influence on policy here. I know there are people who are worried he will one day say something that will cause a really major issue between people who really do matter.  

It is said that diplomat is a man who is sent abroad to lie for his country. In this case we have a man who has been sent abroad and now lies to his country. He does not have Downunder's best interests at heart. I am not sure the man he criticised has his country's best interests at heart either.

 

No comments: