Saturday 18 March 2017

It seems I can't get anything right

at the moment.
Perhaps it is having the snuffles - and, worse still, the Senior Cat having the snuffles. We have both been coughing and sneezing and  blowing our noses. He has used two boxes of "man-size" tissues. 
In desperation I went to the chemist yesterday. The chemist looked up the Senior Cat's medication and gave me something to help - at least I hope it will. I don't want the Senior Cat to get pneumonia. He has not growled at me for getting the cold and passing it on. He's not that sort of cat but I still feel guilty.
In the  middle of all that I could do without the other problems. The work problems are getting solved - slowly. I know they aren't my fault. They actually aren't anybody's fault. It is just the nature of the work but I would still like them to be out of the way.
Then there is the problem with the knitting group. There is an email in my personal in box this morning. It is from someone asking if she can pass my email on to someone who wants some help - at least, pass it on to her son. There's no point in giving  them a phone number as I am not into text messages and they are both deaf. That's fine. I don't mind. I know where and how they heard about what I was doing and why they want to contact me. I'll help because the woman will then pass the information on to her small group of knitters, all of whom are deaf. (As you can imagine if you talk with your hands you stop talking when you knit!)
None of that is a problem. What is a problem is that they apparently tried to contact someone else who has simply ignored their message and made no effort to contact me or pass the information on in any other way. That is simply rude. At the moment I am fuming over it. I know I shouldn't but, if you are profoundly deaf, reaching out into the hearing world can be a real challenge. It takes courage to contact a stranger and ask for help without the assistance of an interpreter. 
All it would have taken would have been to forward the email to me. Was that so hard?
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A group of knitters who are deaf would be very quiet compared to the other sort!

My niece makes her deaf daughter carry something in each hand when she wants her to stop talking! We will be living much closer to that family from August ... perhaps I will teach her to knit or quilt to keep her hands busy. I have been told that I do the demonstration part of lessons well, and will need to as I won't be able to tell her how to do anything until she teaches me some sign language.