Friday 25 September 2020

"The origami book with the flapping bird

is about 'this' thick and it has a hard cover," the Senior Cat told me. Right I thought I can surely find that? 

He is getting ready to do some teaching. He has been working with the "Activities" person in the residence. They are plotting and planning - and she is listening to him. 

The Senior Cat has fiddled with origami for some years now. There were other reasons originally - mostly to do with some conjuring trick or other if I remember rightly...or was it to teach Ms W something about geometry? I can't remember.  Whatever, he still finds it a challenge. 

He has the "boxes" books with him but he wanted the book with the flapping bird in it. He doesn't expect the other residents to make flapping birds. "Some of them might make a box though. I'll need to work out a plan."  He wants the birds for another purpose. 

 I took some spare sheets of card to the Activities girl yesterday. There are about forty sheets altogether - all a lurid shade of pink. The colour did not bother her in the slightest. I also gave her the template I had found while clearing something out. It is for a Christmas angel - a simple one. I was told, "H... (who helps) and I will need to cut them out but we can definitely do things with that!" That was when she told me that she was learning things from the Senior Cat. 

"He still loves teaching," I told her. 

"You have no idea how much it helps," she told me.

Oh yes I do know. It helps him too. He has a purpose again. I hope the two of them can keep working together.  

No comments: