Thursday 17 August 2023

Football fever has

subsided somewhat.

It is just as well. I am sorry "that team" lost "that match" as I am sure they were very, very disappointed after having worked so hard. I don't doubt the other side worked just as hard but of course the losers will be disappointed.

Aside from that, I'm sorry but I just relieved. There have been pages and pages in the print press, more on-line and hours of it over the air waves. I really was not interested. I know other people who feel the same way.

"Got any half way decent videos we can watch Cat?" someone asked me yesterday, "Even something we have watched before would do."

I directed her to the little pile Middle Cat keeps forgetting to take with her. In that there was "The lady with the van", "The King's Speech", "A room with a view" and a couple of other eminently watchable films. 

My inquirer departed in a much happier frame of mind. I did try to suggest she read a book but she keeps telling me, "I'm not much of a reader". 

I went to my sleeping mat with an interesting book and read for longer than I intended. We cats know how to live!

When I eventually turned the light out I did not know the results. This morning I wondered how many people now regret the thousands they have spent cheering their team on. It's an expensive business. The money I might have spent is still in my bank account. Perhaps I am also financially fortunate I don't care for football?

 

No comments: