Friday 6 March 2009

Microsoft ? Banks?

Microsoft is more than a little soft. I supplied the information requested to try and sort the problem out - and have just had a request to supply the information requested. The problem is definitely at their end and not mine so why I need to supply any information apart from my identity is beyond me. I would like to 'phone them but I might give them a piece of my mind, always supposing that I could actually work my way through the maze of press this and press that.
As for the bank....now I got a nice letter from the bank telling me my little 'long term deposit' had matured and would be re-invested (as per instructions) for another twelve months. The 'indicative interest rate' was 7.7% on the letter. It sounded a little unlikely but the powers that be expect me to get full value for the money I have in the bank so I dutifully went in to transfer the other little amount over - and discovered that the actual interest rate is likely to be 3.5%. The bank has also charged me for moving my own money from one section to another. Nice bank, kind bank. It makes lovely profits for shareholders even in this economic climate. It is quite easy to see how it does this - at my expense.

No comments: