Tuesday 20 July 2021

Not quite back in "lockdown"

but almost. 

I can hear the howls of rage because the state government has imposed some restrictions on our activities again. Grrrr....I wanted to pick up a book from the library this morning.

No, it can wait. A few other things can wait as well. I consider myself fortunate that I was invited to have coffee with a friend. We met yesterday. It was a pleasant, friendly interlude. We sorted out a few practical issues and she can get on with a project, as can I. It would not have been possible today.

An elderly man has tested positive with what is likely to be the Delta variant - and so have two of his close contacts. A hospital emergency department has been closed, thousands of people have been told to isolate. Non-essential retail has to shut. People have been told to work from home.  

I can hear some people saying, "But..." Well this is the way it has to be done here. It is so screamingly inconvenient not being able to go to the hairdresser, the gym, and the footy. I am sorry about the training for your kid's footy game and probably the game itself. It is even worse if a birthday party is being cancelled and the wedding on Saturday can now only have ten people present - all at a suitable distance. 

But getting ill with Covid19 is surely worse? There could be long term effects - perhaps for the rest of my life? I think of those things and I am content to put up with the restrictions.

 


No comments: