Saturday 2 March 2019

Not enough sleep is

not good for you.
Yes, I know that.
You can't make up lost sleep by lying in at weekends.
Yes, I know that.
Not enough sleep can cause you to be overweight.
Yes, I know that.
And so the litany goes on. 
You need eight hours sleep a night.
I'd be lucky. I doubt I would have had eight hours sleep a night since kittenhood.
Right now I am tired and the day has barely started. It was very hot yesterday and will be about the same - or slightly warmer - today. There is no way to sleep comfortably in such weather. We can't, for a number of reasons, leave the air conditioning on all night. The Senior Cat is restless and gets up and down...which also keeps me awake. I sleep with "one ear open" and have done for years now. I suppose I am what is called a "light" sleeper. On the rare occasions the Senior Cat has not been here or in hospital I have slept more soundly...at least I think I have. 
This afternoon I have to go to a meeting. If I wasn't running a workshop session after the meeting I would not be going at all. I  would be tempted to do what the Senior Cat does and take a siesta on my sleeping mat.
Cooler tomorrow? Cooler still next week? I don't want to wish my life away but I am looking forward to that!

No comments: