Friday 1 May 2009

I am feeling particularly cat like this morning.

I wanted to dive back under the blanket and put my paws over my nose. Yes, it was cool but that was not the reason.
I have to start thinking about shifting all the books again. The man is coming to replace our living area floor covering on Monday. This is my fault.
There has been carpet on the living area floor for all the time we have been in this house. I do not like it. My father does not like it. We both hate the vacuum cleaner. (It is heavy, noisy and not terribly efficient.)
We contemplated getting the carpet cleaned again. It would look dirty again within days. That was when I said, "I think we should give up on the carpet and get something else. It will be cheaper in the end. The carpet will not last another year."
So, now we are getting the industrial grade covering that you can barely tell from floor boards. This stuff is a nice pale honey colour. I am not sure how well it blends in with the family room floor covering. That's linoleum that looks like parquet flooring. What I do know is that we should have started out without carpet.
I know, carpet is warm but do we really need that in South Australia? I can put on the Ugg boots I inherited after my nephew grew out of them. I can swish my tail across the surface and it will leave me more time for writing. Other people may regret that.
Useless fact for the day $297 will buy approximately 207 tins of halfway decent cat food. I think I would rather have a cat than the outrageously priced 'how to' manual that Jane mentioned in her publishing blog. I have no doubt Jane would prefer the cat food too.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Good morning Catdownunder,

I was shocked silly by the price of that "how to" as well. Hope you are happy with your updated floor.

Barb.