Wednesday 2 December 2015

"Can you write a letter...

I need to..." the speaker stares at me.
It is not the first time I have been bailed up in a public place by someone who seems to think that I can write their letters for them. 
Yes, I know I once wrote "all those letters" and I know that I still write letters but...why should I write letters for other people who are 
       (a) supposedly literate and intelligent
       (b) want to complain about something without offering a constructive solution
and  (c) know that I am likely to disagree with their point of view?

The Senior Cat says I should set up a professional letter writing service and charge these lazy, ineffectual idiots who want to waste my time as well as their own. 
I told yesterday's inquirer that he needed to look at the legislation. It does not allow him to do as he did and not get fined. Nothing he says is going to help. I also pointed out offenders are going to have to pay more if they don't pay this particular fine on time.
He glared at me as if it was my fault. Fortunately his partner turned up at that point and told him it was no good getting stroppy with me. I left them to argue.
But, Vanessa wants my favourite book cover today. I don't really have one but I was reminded of "The Story about Ping" by Marjorie Flack - and taking the consequences of being late.

No comments: