Thursday 24 December 2015

The book (I) hope to find under the tree????

Now Vanessa you have to admit I have been pretty good. I have done the entire list you asked me to do...after this I have to start thinking of my own blog post topics again. 
Now that would be a good book to find under the tree - except that we haven't got a tree. I haven't even put the Christmas cards up somewhere. Yes, I know but time....and the Senior Cat is not interested in decorating the place. Never mind.
But a book of suggestions for blog posts? You don't know of one do you? No, I thought not.
I really don't know. I usually buy my own books these days. My siblings have no idea what I like to read. The Senior Cat's Christmas shopping consists of book vouchers. As he says it serves a dual purpose - presents for his loved ones and supporting the local indie bookshop. 
I might go and trawl back through some of the books that other people have bought this year - Carole Blake has made more than a few purchases I am itching to get my paws into and my friend R... loaned me a fascinating book I wouldn't mind actually owning. 
Fiction? Mmm...I'd really, really like to have Joanna Cannon's book  "The Trouble with Goats and Sheep". All right. All right. I know I have it coming eventually. I have had it on order for weeks now. Yes, I know. I'll just have to wait.
In the meantime...if someone gives me a book voucher I will be very pleased because then I can have any book at all. Purr-fect!
Thank you. 

2 comments:

Gene said...

I would LOVE to give you a book voucher! It would be my thanks for all the pleasure I get from your blog. I am not sure how to go about this task. Perhaps you could put me in touch with your local indie book store and I could work through that way? Genie

catdownunder said...

Oh thank you but I don't need one. Someone in my family is bound to give me one! Just knowing that there are a few people out there who read my blog is quite enough. I'd really like it if you wrote another comment some time!