Sunday 8 January 2023

Activity packs for the children

in this street are on my mind today.

I didn't do them for Christmas last year.  I discussed this with one of the mothers and we both agreed that doing a "hot weather" activity pack made more sense. 

At around now school holidays are losing their shine a bit. There is a "I don't really want to go to school but I do want to see X ...or Y... or Z..."

They are also being told, "It is too hot to go outside". It is too hot. There is the "I don't know what to do" and "Why can't we play on the computer" or "I want to watch A.... on TV."

And yes, there are all the squabbles, the arguments and more...even from this great bunch of generally well behaved children. So....

There are large paper bags with paper, cardboard, cut outs, glue, sticky tape, cards, envelopes, a roll of washi tape, small coloured pencils, brightly coloured pipe cleaners, small note cards, stickers, a rainbow coloured rubber and origami paper. 

It might keep them occupied for an hour.

No comments: