Saturday 21 February 2009

Transport woes

Why did he have to complicate things? My old tricycle did not have a differential. This one has. It failed me yesterday. Something went crunch and I had great difficulty getting home. I am now without transport until it is fixed.
This is all very well but, in a car-free-too-far-to-walk-anywhere household, this is a problem. I should be going to a meeting this afternoon. One person who might have given me a ride has conjunctivitis - and I feel for her as it has apparently been exacerbated by the hot dry weather which she hates as much as I do. The other has to be at the meeting early as she is on 'door duty'.
I really would not be too fussed but as "shelf-elf" (lbrarian) I have new books to put on the shelf and I really need to do some work on the new catalogue. The formal part of the proceedings on the third Saturday is always very short and I would have plenty of time to work on it. Oh well, there are plenty of other things to do.

No comments: