Friday 22 March 2019

"You're Cat and you're here to help

on......'s stand," the young man at the entrance said.
How on earth did he know that?
I am glad I caught the earlier train yesterday. The ticket machine would not take my tickets for some reason. Fortunately there were no ticket inspectors on the train and it was just after nine when I arrived at the station in the city.  I had to go and sort that problem out but without the ignominy of being fined for not paying a fare. The girl was actually helpful and sympathetic - but, as she pointed out, most people would just walk out without paying. (I pointed out to her that I still needed to be able to get home that afternoon and would need a ticket for me and a ticket for the trike in order to do it.)
Then I went to the venue and tried to find somewhere to park the trike. There are no bike racks along the street and I was not inclined to tie the trike to a lamp post. I looked in the car park but the bicycle space there only takes two wheelers - you have to hang your bike upside down. Out into the street again. I found somewhere that looked as if it might do and locked the trike to it.
The venue however is on a higher level. You can go up stairs or an escalator to reach it. I reached the top - and discovered bicycle parks! I trailed down and rescued the tricycle and pushed it up the ramp next to the stairs and parked. (The trike looked happier, much happier.) Then I tried to find my way. No, not that way. No, I don't have to queue and buy a ticket because I am working there.
Being a now sensible cat I asked.
    "Over there." 
I went. I still wasn't much wiser. I asked again.
    "Oh yes, down there - on your left. You can't see it unless you are going right past."
Oh, right. 
I found it and, before I could say anything, the nice young man with the clipboard had said, "You're Cat and you're here to help..... You're on the list...straight down that aisle and almost to the end on your right."
I didn't get a chance to ask. It was ten minutes to opening. I had to find my friend, put my bag  under the trestle counter and look around the stall so that I knew where things were. 
I had made it in time...just. This morning I hope I can get there a little earlier - so I know where other things are too!
How did he know that? I didn't get a chance to ask him.

3 comments:

Jodiebodie said...

Your reputation precedes you?

catdownunder said...

Apparently. It's been hectic!

Jodiebodie said...

It means you are making a difference.