Wednesday 5 January 2022

Express post or

just a quick blog post? 

I am here. My brother, his partner are here. My niece and nephew from a neighbouring state flew in yesterday morning and left again at a very early hour this morning. In between they spent a precious hour with the Senior Cat. My brother and his partner are going today. The Black Cat will get her turn as well. I am holding back and letting them spend the hour with him. Middle Cat has organised all this.

The new organisation which has recently taken over the management of the entire group has just called me and asked if we needed any more help. It took a week for them to get to it but the woman at the other end was kind and agreed that Middle Cat had been right to insist. 

I suppose a week in the current circumstances is not as bad as it seems because there must be other people in the same position. It at least seems to be faster than the "Express Post" of our postal service. I have just received a parcel that was posted from the UK at the beginning of October. My great-grandmother sailed to Downunder in less time than that back in the 19thC. The cousin who sent it from London arrived before the parcel.  I suppose it gives some people a job. 

The good news in all this is that the Senior Cat is alert and almost lost for words at the sheer pleasure of having family with him. It means so much to him. I just wish everyone else in the residence could experience the same thing.

No comments: