Thursday 5 November 2009

There was a small label stuck to me

and I am not sure how it came to be there. I probably brushed against something yesterday when we were setting up our display at the Craft Fair. (I have to say that this one looks much more professional than previous efforts.)
The label was about 5cm x 1cm and said, "Do not scan the barcodes." That sounded strange to me. Barcodes generally do get scanned. Isn't that the whole point of a barcode? I do not know enough about barcodes. What I did have however was a sudden image of myself, all lined up and ready to be scanned. It was a rather alarming idea.
Now, you have your blog post for the day. It is short. I am heading off to acquaint myself with the two stalls selling yarn so that I can give their owners the necessary 'pit-stops' and perhaps persuade people that knitting is a GOOD thing and not something only done by little old ladies in nursing homes. (We have a male on duty. He is young and makes the most amazing hats...so there.)

3 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Not when the guy who is the British Memory Champion says their fourteen or twenty numbers. They all started with "570"...

(Wouldn't this talent be useful with International Standard Book Numbers? Or the serial versions of same?)

catdownunder said...

Hmmm...I will need to think about this! Our telephone numbers are now eight digits long - and they said nobody would remember them but of course people do!

Rachel Fenton said...

Is it national number month or something?