Wednesday 28 November 2018

I saw the inside of this computer

this morning. It looks terribly complex.
Yes, I had an issue. My brother was going to look at it while he was here but didn't have an opportunity.
I sent an "help" squawk (email) to our friend S.... who has been very good in emergencies and said, "Not extremely urgent but does need attention".
He phoned late yesterday and asked, "What time do you turn it on?"
    "Er...u...about six in the morning," I said, "But I can leave messages for people and turn it on later."
    "No, I'll get there about then."
What? Then I realised he keeps very odd hours. S... lives alone. He is perhaps a little eccentric but he knows about computers - builds his own and so on. He is also kind and very interested in what I do.
I try to reciprocate the kindness although I can't reciprocate the interest.
Knowing he really did mean what he said I agreed to his suggested time and, sure enough, he arrived. 
He tells me a fan is wearing out - not the big issue one but one of the other two. He has fixed it for now and, if the problem reoccurs he will get another one and replace it. He tells me
    "Five minutes work Cat!"
All I can do is pay him for his time -
and give him breakfast!

No comments: