Friday 16 December 2022

Using the "off" button

is apparently very difficult. I do not find this to be so myself but I understand that it is a real problem for some people.

There are those who are apparently unable to perform the simple act of a single press with a single finger. There is nothing else wrong with these people. Most of them would appear to be younger, fitter and healthier than I am. They can still use multiple fingers to text messages to tell others to do something but they cannot perform the "single finger, single press" movement.

And there is a second group who are apparently unable to even find the button. They cannot even recognise it on the oblong object in their hands. They seem to be uncertain what the purpose of that object is and as for any button on it... Still they clutch the object as if they in some way believe it is a matter of life or death. Without it they feel lost.

And there is the third group, those who are unable to even find the oblong object or recognise it if it is found for them. They cannot recognise the button or use it. They look at it in complete bewilderment. What  is it? Who bought it? Why would you want something like that?

There has been a lot of this around lately. I have avoided all this. I have not been forced to watch hour upon hour of "soccer". As for Netflix...Netflix? It is a disease I wish to avoid at present, especially with all that ridiculous nonsense about the life and trials of....well you know what I am talking about I am sure.It's been hard to avoid even with the best of  efforts. 

I am not sure whether any of this has given me any more time. I am rapidly using up my small reserves of patience with some people too. Still, I have managed  to avoid the worst of it. I suppose that's something for which to be grateful...that and Lev Parikian's other "world cup" - the one of "random words". Will "discombobulate" make it...or "bollocks"...or something else?  Now that's worth staying for...it takes just a moment and then my paw can push that button. I am free to go and do other things.

I am so glad I know about off buttons, that I can recognise them and use them.  

No comments: