Wednesday 21 December 2022

Who sent the macarons?

Please someone tell me! Who sent the macarons?

Middle Cat and I were out on Saturday afternoon - a trip to the hardware and garden centre. (We needed pots to into which we could put Christmas plants. )

I came home and there, sitting quietly on the blue plastic box at the front door, was a parcel labelled "fragile". It felt cold, as if it had been refrigerated. I looked thinking it was for one of the neighbours but there it was with my name on it. 

I opened it because I was not expecting a parcel from anyone. It was actually quite difficult to fight my way into it. They were obviously serious about "fragile".

And there, inside the bigger box, was a smaller box. Inside the smaller box there were twelve beautifully made macarons...and that was all. I like macarons, Middle Cat and her husband like them too. I was going to treat these with respect.

But, there is a problem. I have absolutely no idea who sent them. I asked Brother Cat, my three nephews and my cousin. They are all as bewildered as I am.  I have no idea who, outside the family, would send me such an expensive (because, believe me, they are expensive) present.  As a family we don't have that sort of money - and wouldn't spend it on something like that even if we did have it I suspect. Our tastes are much more frugal. The Senior Cat liked plain Lindt chocolate - in small quantities. My mother was even plainer - plain milk Cadbury was just fine with her.

I have sent a message to the people who make the macarons but there has been no response. In all likelihood they have no way of finding out either but I have tried.

So who has sent the macarons? I need to know. I need to be able to say "thank you" properly. It is most embarrassing.

If you are reading this please identify yourselves so I can give you a proper purr and paw pat!

 

2 comments:

Jan Jones said...

How mysterious! The company ought to be able to tell you, I'd have thought. Or at the very least they ought to be able to contact the person who bought them, telling them you would like to send a 'thank you' card

catdownunder said...

the mystery was solved - Anne R confessed on FB. I was so relieved to be able to thank her. It was also very naughty of her because I had so much pleasure sending something to her grandchildren