Sunday 7 July 2019

I have been working at craft fairs

for long enough now that I know quite a number of the regular stall holders. Yesterday was no different.
I was doing my turn for our local knitting guild this time. I had the choice of arriving early and having plenty of time or arriving a little late.
Arriving a little late would not have mattered but it isn't polite and it would have felt like rushing. I don't like either of those things so I prowled in early and made my way to the stall.
    "Hello Cat!"
    "Morning Cat...
    "Hey Cat I want to ask you something..."
    "Cat, can you pop back in a moment..."
It is nice that people want to say hello like that.
I located the whereabouts of both the book stalls - and checked out the contents. (No, I didn't buy any.)
I found the people selling yarn. Now I happen to know all of them - I wonder why?
Yes, someone wanted to ask me about the heels of socks. These are knitted in a special way. I am taking some information to her today. Another stall holder wanted to show me something she is thinking of stocking...what did I think?
I caught up on news of a friend who has had back surgery and another who has been ill.
And there were all the visitors to the fair who said things like, "Thought I might find you here" and "Glad you are here because I wanted to ask..."  Yes, I live in a small city - and the craftspeople are an even smaller group.
We sold things from the stall - so much we had to rearrange things to cover the gaps which had appeared. It's a good time of the year to sell beanies!
I have to go back today but I won't be there for as long. I am telling myself I won't succumb to yarn or books or yarn or books....
Really, I won't!

No comments: