Monday 15 July 2019

I went hunting yesterday

and no I didn't kill anything.
I went hunting in the computer files. Hunting? Searching? Something anyway. 
I was looking for a group of patterns that I need to show someone. They are for a potential group project next year.  
It is, so I am reliably informed by one of my United Nations contacts, going to be the International Year of Plant Health. My ears and whiskers twitched. My tail tip flicked in interest. We could knit a garden or a mural or trees  or.... 
It has been done before of course. There is nothing new about the idea but I put it to someone else. Yes it sounded interesting to her too. I left her to put it to the meeting as I wasn't there. (I was being a good little cat and taking a turn to do something else for the group.) She reported back that there seemed to be some interest in the idea. 
I promised I would find patterns. It should not be too difficult. I do have  books with patterns and I know where to find those. 
I also have computer files with patterns. Do I know where to find those?
Mm... I think that, after yesterday, I had better do some refiling. I thought the knitting patterns were organised. They aren't. They are a jumble.
I think this may have something to do with the fact that I do not use other people's patterns as patterns. I may use ideas from them. I  may keep something because it tells me how someone did something.  None of that helps when you are looking for a group of patterns. 
They had to be in there somewhere. I went through three sets of files. It made me realise that I really need to discard some things. I don't need them any more. Why have I saved the instructions I gave the Senior Cat for a domestic duty from over twenty years ago? Why have I saved the book reviews (all printed elsewhere) and the pattern I wrote for someone whose husband had lost his forearm? Nobody else will use those. 
I left them there as I went on searching but today I might start on the task of deleting some files.
And then, just as I was wondering if I had actually deleted the files I wanted I found them. There they were and of course the file name was obvious
    "The Odd Bunch - knit flowers".
 

1 comment:

Judy B said...

Your knitting files and my quilting files sound like they are organised the same way!