Wednesday 10 March 2021

Public liability insurance

was under review yesterday. I need to get a $10m cover for the three days of an upcoming craft fair. 

The craft fair people have, rightly, insisted we need to be covered in case someone trips over the card table or a chair, pierces themselves on a knitting needle or strangles themselves on a length of  yarn. We have public liability insurance for this property - for twice the above amount. In the modern world where even a burglar can sue you this is essential. I hope I never need it. 

So yesterday I did some research on line. There was a huge variation in what various companies are charging. I stopped thinking about and went to visit the Senior Cat. I took him the amazing protea that our friend J... had brought over for him. He was, as always, fascinated by these plants. I found a container and water and a safe place to put it. We discussed the upcoming vaccinations for the residence and other matters of importance - such as my visit to the art exhibition. (And  yes, once I get permission, I have found a picture of part of the cranes to share.)

I intended to head for the bike shop yesterday. I need a new bicycle basket... I actually need a new bike. I will talk to them about flattening the bank account. The money  is there. I have been saving. 

The insurance was still in the background. I was about to go for the cheapest I could find - a three month cover although we only need a few  days - when an email came through. Don't do anything just yet Cat. We may be able to get you some cover.  A.... will let you know by the end of the week.

I will send in the other forms today and tell the organisers that the insurance issue is being investigated. It would be good if I don't need to pay for the insurance. I might hire a chair to sit on instead - and another for anyone brave enough to join me. 

No comments: