Saturday 24 April 2021

Paving the footpath

has begun. Yes, the WITS have been busy.

Big pallets of pavers appeared two days ago. I eyed them suspiciously. We cats do not fully trust the workmen to actually get on with this. Would they sit there for some weeks? Another company doing another street left them there for almost three weeks. How they did not simply mysteriously disappear still surprises me.

But here they began to use them yesterday. The pavers fit into each other like a regular jigsaw puzzle and they actually managed to do quite a long stretch. 

My favourite workman, the workman who has been very good about lifting me and the tricycle over the rubble and then over the muddy mess left behind, asked if I needed to go out. No. Brother Cat had managed to manouvre the loaded trailer out. I had waved him and his partner goodbye an hour or so earlier. I told the workman I would be going out today. He has left the big steel plate in place so I can pedal off when I need to.

My only question now is when are they going to lay the bitumen in front of our driveway? I do need to go out next week, particularly on Thursday. If they decide to do the bitumen that day I hope my favourite workman and his mates will help me over the low brick wall which serves as our fence. I suspect they will.  

And perhaps by this time next week I will be able to pedal down the footpath again. That will be nice - as long as I watch out for cars coming out of driveways.  

No comments: