Saturday 11 April 2020

Creating things, making things

doing things is becoming more important right now.
Our neighbour across the way is out of self-isolation and sent me an email yesterday afternoon to say that she had left two home-made hot cross buns at the door for us. (We take social distancing very seriously as does she.)
"The boys helped - sort of," she told me in the note. I can imagine. They are too young to be patient about yeast cookery. It takes time for the dough to rise and they would want almost instant results. 
We had the buns as part of our evening meal - and they were very nice. 
But baking does not last. My waistline is suffering from a less than usual amount of exercise and the difficulty of getting the fresh fruit and vegetables we prefer. Our green grocer will deliver but with just two of us the cost rises...and rises again. 
Other things might happen. The Senior Cat has been filling cardboard pots with soil and compost...after I had moved it all into place so he could "play outside". The seeds are there waiting to go in and bide their time over winter. We might have the results in spring.
And I have found young Robbie in the files. He was sitting there grinning at me, "Got you! Now you are going to have to do some work with me." The temptation is to shut him back in the file - just to pay him back for grinning at me but... I might.
I am, very slowly, tidying up some crafty things. There are my plans for the state's annual Show sitting there. Will we have one? At present it seems very unlikely but could I do it all for next year? Will there be a Show next year? Will  I be here to participate?  What will have changed? 
Of course I think about those things but I am also trying to  think in a positive way and get things done.  There are friends trying to do the same. It isn't easy but it is good when one of them phones me and says, "I've had an idea....what do you think?"
I like ideas...even if I don't agree with them. Thinking is important. Thinking about ideas, positive and creative ideas, is even more important.

 

No comments: