Tuesday 5 May 2009

The nice man

who is laying the new floor says he will be here at 8a.m. This is not a problem for me as I am an early riser. I need to be an early riser because most of the people I work with live in other parts of the world. It would be better if I never went to bed. According to the world I should be available 24 hours a day. No, I am not getting Skype. If I did I could not even pretend to go to bed - or at least put my pyjamas on. Someone would be bound to want to show me something in the middle of the night. (Yes, we do have night like the rest of the world.)
I finished at just before 9pm last night and collapsed into bed trying to tell myself that I have not caught a cold from somewhere or other. This morning I still feel sniffly and snuffly but there is work to be done.
My sister 'phoned yesterday and then came to take Dad over to the saw-sharpening works and the garden place. They had lunch out. She looks like a panda bear at present as she has two black eyes - the result of an 'eyelid lift' for medical reasons. She says it does not hurt but it does look odd. I assume it will look better when the swelling goes down.
Dad will have lunch out again today. He is off with mate Neville - follow up visit to surgeon who did his shoulder and then 'boy stuff'. I get to stay at home and make cups of tea for the floor layer. I might even get some work done!

No comments: