Saturday 2 May 2009

The spider web

on the close line this morning was a work of art. It was still complete. There were raindrops on it. I did not want to destroy it but the washing had to be hung. I do not like spiders, particularly some of the very dangerous varieties we have in Australia, but I felt a little guilty at destroying all that work. It is frighteningly easy to destroy something. I wish spiders would create their works of arts in other places.
I need three books. The library, naturally, does not have them. They claim they cannot get them on inter-library loan athough I know they are in the Barr-Smith I cannot get into the Barr-Smith at present because of the railway upgrade. I am wondering if I have the energy to begin another battle under the Equal Opportunity legislation. I should be able to take the tricycle on the bus as well as the train.
And how in the heck am I expected to work properly without access to journal articles? Too much comes on line these days. The Barr-Smith has been marvellous about providing me with free access to the shelves but that does not include the on-line material I want to access.
Now if the government would only pay me for just the 877 hours I did for them last year I could subscribe to quite a few.

No comments: