Friday 15 May 2009

Psalm 2009

A friend of my father sent the following little gem in the e-mail this morning. For anyone outside Australia - Kevin is Kevin Rudd our (not) revered Prime Minister. The Liberal party is the more conservative side of politics. His bailouts refer to a number of fiscally foolish antics designed to prop up popularity.
Labor is doing a bad job of running the economy and the country. I am not sure that the other side would be much better but it would not have quite the same problem with the unrepresentative union minority that wields the majority of power inside Labor. They still seem to believe that they can back to old style union management of the workforce in a world that has moved on from there.
Elected governments have a right to govern but they must govern on the platform they were elected on. If the situation has changed so drastically they cannot keep to that platform and something totally different is required then they must return to the people and give them a choice. Labor has little to worry about. Australians are probably foolish enough to vote them back in - but possibly with a reduced majority. So, here it is - a Psalm for 2009 and thereafter.
I think I prefer the original version.

PSALM 2009 - 2012 FIRST BOOK OF GOVERNMENT
Kevin is the shepherd I did not want.
He leadeth me beside the still factories.
He restoreth my faith in the Liberal party.
He guideth me in the path of unemployment for his party's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the bread line,I shall fear no hunger for his bailouts are with me.
He has anointed my income with taxes,My expenses runneth over.
Surely, poverty and hard living will follow me all the days of my life
And I will live in a rented home forever.
I am glad I am Australian,I am glad that I am free.But I wish I was a dog and Kevin was a tree

No comments: